About the company
From the times of Rus (except for the years of the loss of statehood), Ukraine has had stable diplomatic contacts with the international community. The geographic feature of our state is a confluence of different cultures and trade routes from south and north, east and west. The foreign missions service existed on the territory of modern Ukraine in historically specific forms as far back as the times of ancient Rus. An important stage of institutional diplomacy is the period of the Ukrainian People’s Republic (1917–1924).
The basis of the establishment of the Directorate-General for Rendering Services to Diplomatic Missions in independent Ukraine was the Directorate for Service to the Consular Corps of the Executive Committee of the Kyiv City Council of People’s Deputies.
Officially, the Directorate for Service to the Consular Corps as an independent government institution was established by the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR in 1972, which charged the Kyiv City Executive Committee with forming a budget directorate with a staff of 13. The number of general consulates, and hence the number of their employees, grew steadily.
After its creation, the Directorate for Service to the Consular Corps intensified its work, primarily in the field of construction and establishment of the service sector.
When the sovereignty of our country started being recognized in the world, a demand arose for providing the diplomatic corps with comfortable conditions at a new level. The Directorate-General for Rendering Services to Diplomatic Missions was established under the decree of the Presidential Representative of Ukraine on April 29, 1992. Pavlo Kryvonos was appointed director.
On July 10, 2003, the organization was re-subordinated to the Kyiv City Council. Since July 1, 2013 the Directorate-General for Rendering Services to Diplomatic Missions has been a state-owned enterprise under the State Administration Department of the President of Ukraine.
Today, the long-term clients of “GDIP” SE are 78 foreign missions, 26 general consulates, 81 honorary consulates, 18 missions of international organizations, and many foreign companies, their employees and family members. The range of services provided by GDIP is quite wide.
GDIP consists of four directorates and a branch office in Zakarpattia, divided according to the main activities: — «REMBUDEKSPLUATATSIIA» — construction and reconstruction of GDIP’s facilities, preventive repair and maintenance of diplomatic missions’ premises; — «INPREDKADRY» — human resourcing services; — «DYPSERVIS» — organization of leisure, treatment and health care, book publishing, media support; — «AVTOTSENTR» — vehicle maintenance. GDIP also provides legal and real estate services.
Our primary goal is to provide services to the foreign diplomatic corps in accordance with the Vienna Convention on Diplomatic Relations of 1961.
Every diplomatic mission is an island of another world in our country. The arrangement of embassy buildings, creation of living conditions and comfort definitely have an impact on the diplomats’ first impression of our country. Today GDIP continues to respond and provide foreign guests and members of their families with everything necessary.